TheMIGroup Cookies Policy
What are ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognise you when you come back and respond appropriately.
Site performance cookies
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found on TheMIGroup’s website, so you don’t have to re-set them each time you visit. Examples include (if applicable):
- volume settings for our video player
- whether you see the latest or the oldest article comments first
- video streaming speeds that are compatible with your browser
Anonymous analytics cookies:
Every time someone visits our website, software provided by another organisation generates an ‘anonymous analytics cookie’. These cookies can tell us whether or not you have visited the site before.
- Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies and, if you don’t, we generate new ones.
- This allows us to track how many individual users we have, and how often they visit the site.
- Unless you are signed into TheMIGroup’s ReloWeb, we cannot use these cookies to identify individuals. We use them to gather statistics, for example, the number of visits to a page. If you are logged into TheMIGroup’s ReloWeb, we will also know the details you gave to us for this, such as your username and email address.
These cookies are used by software which tries to work out what country you are in from the information supplied by your browser when you click on a web page. This cookie is completely anonymous, and we only use it to help target our content – such as whether you see our consumer and corporate client home page.
When you are registered with TheMIGroup’s ReloWeb, we generate cookies that let us know whether you are signed in or not. Our servers use these cookies to work out which account you are signed in with, and if you are allowed access to a particular service. While you are signed into TheMIGroup’s ReloWeb, we combine information from your registration cookies with analytics cookies, which we could use to identify which pages you have seen on TheMIGroup site.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to access TheMIGroup’s ReloWeb. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful:
Data Protection Act 1998
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.